Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• branch0095 December 14
  • BuckysGT December 14
  • draftyinhere December 12
  • emurrell17 December 14
  • Fitzismyguy December 13
  • fontaines December 13
  • footballjunkie December 13
  • GlassJoe December 13
  • Payton34 December 14
  • Smitty December 14
  • stewss7 December 14
  • Zep December 13

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12097
  • bddavidson 11157
  • JRMRRT 10916
  • Wutthecrapman 9572
  • BuckysGT 7538
  • LukeB5301 7163
  • garyzab 7017
  • Smitty 6345
  • TBL 4463
  • branch0095 3945
  • fontaines 3935

Who's Online (2)

• kethnaab 3:02AM
  • TexasBornCowboysFan 3:02AM
Homepage | Articles | Rankings | Projections | Start Bench | Calcs | Forums | Terms | FAQs - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Melvin Gordon to Declare for 2014 NFL Draft?
  • BuckysGT December 14
    branch0095 said:

Fitzismyguy said:

Smitty said:

So far Gordon is my no 1

I am starting to really like Carlos Hyde. Big, fast and cuts well. He might be a better pro prospect than Gordon.

Hyde is my boy obviously if you look at my avatar :) . I really think he is a name that will be moving up boards as spring approaches, and that's not the homer in me either. I think the best way to describe him against known former Buckeyes is that he's the best of Beanie Wells and Maurice Clarett combined; but without being an injury risk He's an absolute beast. I worry about how viable he can be in PPR, but he is better at catching the ball then his stats indicate.

Watching mostly Big 10 games I agree with you. Hyde could be a big time prospect. I don't know a lot of specifics about him, but to me he looks and is built like an every down rb. I think Gordon and Hyde are out of slightly different moulds though. Hyde looks like a pounder to me and Gordon looks like more of a slasher. This is just my opinion though. I haven't seen Hyde a ton though.
  • emurrell17 December 14
    Is Gordon more of a gio type player? Or is it more likely that he comes right in as an every down rb?
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • SmittySmitty December 14
    emurrell17 said:

Is Gordon more of a gio type player? Or is it more likely that he comes right in as an every down rb?

He plays a touch bigger.. Kinda Reggie Bush like. So, Hyde in a better spot, he'd be my 1 or 2. Seastrunk is a No 1 candidate too.. All 3 could be my 1... We shall see. So early, lots of predictions to to make so early. Makes it fun, though!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder | DraftCalc.com
  • stewss7stewss7 December 14
    I've seen Gordon a ton this year. I don't like the Jamal Charles comp. Gordon looks to be a much more physical runner, despite being the same size as Charles & McCoy. The McCoy comp is more accurate when Gordon has the ball in his hands. Gordon's pass protection/receiving leaves much to be desired. IMO, he'll likely be a situational player the first half of his rookie year unless he improved greatly in that area.

Hyde reminds me a lot if Shonne Greene, but I only saw Ohio st play a couple times this year.

Seastrunk is head & shoulders above the other 2 for me right now. I liken him to Demarco Murray with better vision. His pass pro/receiving is nfl ready right now.

Just my .02.
    @stewss7
  • emurrell17 December 14
    stewss7 said:

I've seen Gordon a ton this year. I don't like the Jamal Charles comp. Gordon looks to be a much more physical runner, despite being the same size as Charles & McCoy. The McCoy comp is more accurate when Gordon has the ball in his hands. Gordon's pass protection/receiving leaves much to be desired. IMO, he'll likely be a situational player the first half of his rookie year unless he improved greatly in that area.

Hyde reminds me a lot if Shonne Greene, but I only saw Ohio st play a couple times this year.

Seastrunk is head & shoulders above the other 2 for me right now. I liken him to Demarco Murray with better vision. His pass pro/receiving is nfl ready right now.

Just my .02.

Oh no...the pass blocking part reminds me of David Wilson. I'm officially scared
    Bold Predictions:
    June 21- Dez Bryant finishes as the #1 WR in 2013.
  • branch0095 December 14
    BuckysGT said:

branch0095 said:

Fitzismyguy said:

Smitty said:

So far Gordon is my no 1

I am starting to really like Carlos Hyde. Big, fast and cuts well. He might be a better pro prospect than Gordon.

Hyde is my boy obviously if you look at my avatar :) . I really think he is a name that will be moving up boards as spring approaches, and that's not the homer in me either. I think the best way to describe him against known former Buckeyes is that he's the best of Beanie Wells and Maurice Clarett combined; but without being an injury risk He's an absolute beast. I worry about how viable he can be in PPR, but he is better at catching the ball then his stats indicate.

Watching mostly Big 10 games I agree with you. Hyde could be a big time prospect. I don't know a lot of specifics about him, but to me he looks and is built like an every down rb. I think Gordon and Hyde are out of slightly different moulds though. Hyde looks like a pounder to me and Gordon looks like more of a slasher. This is just my opinion though. I haven't seen Hyde a ton though.

Definitely. Two different types of backs IMO. Carlos Hyde is insanely physical and strong, and he has deceptive speed in the open field. To me Gordon is much more of a game breaker. I'm not sure he's going to get the same consistent positive gains that Hyde will, but Gordon is one of those RBs where you hold your breathe every time he gets the ball because he can take it to the house at any time.
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
Add a Comment