Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson February 13
  • bmxholden1 February 15
  • chaindog35 February 10
  • donvaughn February 10
  • dunlap13 February 10
  • emurrell17 February 10
  • FarFromHome February 12
  • Fighting_Amish February 12
  • Flipper February 11
  • fontaines February 13
  • haimez40 February 13
  • icemic February 15
  • JRMRRT February 15
  • k0wned February 11
  • MikeOcherts February 14
  • rabidbucfan February 12
  • Smitty February 11
  • Swampies February 13
  • TheHuddle February 12
  • tmoney February 13
  • Troy_Polamalyourass February 10
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie February 10
  • zeeshan2 February 13

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12698
  • bddavidson 12293
  • JRMRRT 11354
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7762
  • LukeB5301 7601
  • Smitty 7162
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4741
  • fontaines 4561
  • branch0095 4428

Who's Online (12)

• calcom 7:15PM
  • caldron37 7:16PM
  • Fitzismyguy 7:14PM
  • fontaines 7:17PM
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYou 7:17PM
  • JRMRRT 7:16PM
  • meast 7:17PM
  • PDTDT 7:17PM
  • Swampies 7:14PM
  • swiftymcgee58 7:14PM
  • tmoney 7:16PM
  • Troy_Polamalyourass 7:16PM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
Michael Sam’s has a lot of guts!
  • MikeOcherts February 12
    C'mon BD...

I live in the Midwest and how many "salt life" stickers on cars, crosses on necks, "Christ saves" shirts, people knocking on my door asking if I've "accepted Jesus as my lord & savior", Jesus fish on cars, etc do you think I see on a monthly basis? Just to drive downtown on the interstate I'm forced to pass a 30 foot high billboard proclaiming "My way IS the high way - GOD"...

These people are no more "private" about their Christianity (& wanting it to be accepted) than gays "advertising" their sexuality (& wanting it to be accepted). Pretty much any group is going to have their extremely vocal minority. I believe we can all agree that the actions of the westboroo baptist church are not representative of Christians as a whole. Same thing with the gay "vocal minority" IMO...

Just my $0.02...
  • TheHuddleTheHuddle February 12
    Reggie White died while learning Hebrew so that he could read the Bible's original version.  Its been changed so many times so he wanted the truth.  He had backlash from this but he had questions on the interpretation.

• fontainesfontaines February 12
    TheHuddle said:

Reggie White died while learning Hebrew so that he could read the Bible's original version.  Its been changed so many times so he wanted the truth.  He had backlash from this but he had questions on the interpretation.

At this point I do believe in God but refuse to believe the entirety of the bible until i hear it from Him personally.  Asking me to trust man to tell me the truth lol is not going to happen.

DC Nation Forum Moderator
    I just thought of something, maybe changing my stance, thanks to something JR said earlier it made me think of this....if it's not ok for Gay people to flaunt that they're gay then why is it ok to women to flaunt bikinis and men to take underwear ads on billboards.  Why does anyone try to have sex if they cant flaunt sexuality?  What is the point of living without sex? 

fontaines said:

I just thought of something, maybe changing my stance, thanks to something JR said earlier it made me think of this....if it's not ok for Gay people to flaunt that they're gay then why is it ok to women to flaunt bikinis and men to take underwear ads on billboards.  Why does anyone try to have sex if they cant flaunt sexuality?  What is the point of living without sex? 

I think we found a common ground... Bikini & underwear models rights must be protected AT ALL COSTS!!!
    http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/archive/segment/donte-stallworth-destroys-argument-against-gay-players/52fa4666fe3444648800024a

here's the take from a former NFL player - yes it's Donte Stallworth and he never really did pan out as a stellar player but he was in the league for 10 years and in multiple locker rooms so I can agree with his assessment.

Sam's made All American and All Team SEC so he has the skills to play, his team knew he was gay and they played to a 12-2 season without leaking the news or causing turmoil within their locker room. Paraphrasing from the Stallworth interview - the locker room is made up of many people with many beliefs and some are less open to change than others but over time it won't make a difference because ultimately if Sam's can come into a team train hard, play smart and help his team produce wins he will be accepted as a NFL player.

Perception, interpretation, tolerance and  grace on an individual level will determine how Mr. Sam's is treated outside the walls of the NFL.

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. -Dalai Lama

MikeOcherts said:

fontaines said:

I think we found a common ground... Bikini & underwear models rights must be protected AT ALL COSTS!!!

I second this - all in favor say aye
    Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. -Dalai Lama

• SwampiesSwampies February 12
    Now we getting to the real X's and O's:D

I have to say I love DC Nation in how everyone tells you like it is whether you like it or not! If we were all the same we would all own the same players and if that was the case it would be boring!
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Josh Mckown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 12
    MikeOcherts said:

C'mon BD...

I live in the Midwest and how many "salt life" stickers on cars, crosses on necks, "Christ saves" shirts, people knocking on my door asking if I've "accepted Jesus as my lord & savior", Jesus fish on cars, etc do you think I see on a monthly basis? Just to drive downtown on the interstate I'm forced to pass a 30 foot high billboard proclaiming "My way IS the high way - GOD"...

These people are no more "private" about their Christianity (& wanting it to be accepted) than gays "advertising" their sexuality (& wanting it to be accepted). Pretty much any group is going to have their extremely vocal minority. I believe we can all agree that the actions of the westboroo baptist church are not representative of Christians as a whole. Same thing with the gay "vocal minority" IMO...

Just my $0.02...

Mike how long ago was the gay community sacrificing Phil Roberts and boycotting A&E same-thing.. i think that made it into alot more house holds. dont kill the messenger..you guys are welcome to have your beliefs dont condemn me for mine..  
    DC Nation Moderator
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 12
    fontaines said:

TheHuddle said:

At this point I do believe in God but refuse to believe the entirety of the bible until i hear it from Him personally.  Asking me to trust man to tell me the truth lol is not going to happen.

when it comes to religion Faith is what is need you need not trust man but trust God(religious freedom is what this country is founded on) . just because it isnt PC doesnt make it wrong..it sometimes isnt easy having faith or following one religion example the extreme Islamist.. 

edit those guys believe so strongly they blow themselves up..
    DC Nation Moderator
  • zeeshan2zeeshan2 February 12
    haimez40 said:

I did a bunch of research on this subject last night.  Sam will get drafted by the Saints.  I'm fairly confident in this.

I also noticed on 99% of his sacks he went  head first.

Come on bro, no gay jokes :p
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome February 12
    ive been working security at a really really nice resort for really really rich people....those that are for bikini models protection and right to flaunt must be aware that it would include all humans....55 year old European dudes have no reason to be laying  half naked by the pool sipping mai tais...im taking the other stance on this one if it results in BANNING people who shouldn't be wearing speedos....its for the best... :D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
    :)
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Andre Johnson, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    K Steven Hauschka

FarFromHome said:

ive been working security at a really really nice resort for really really rich people....those that are for bikini models protection and right to flaunt must be aware that it would include all humans....55 year old European dudes have no reason to be laying  half naked by the pool sipping mai tais...im taking the other stance on this one if it results in BANNING people who shouldn't be wearing speedos....its for the best... :D

haha nice!  I would still take the bikini models and speedos combo.  i've been going to health clubs since i've been 16 so i'm immune to seeing weird half naked old dudes in the mens locker rooms lol.

This messed up by all streches of the imagination!
    K Steven Hauschka

• tmoney February 12
    So if we are worried about guys getting checked out in the lockerroom when they are changing, why are female reporters allowed in the lockerroom?
  • Fighting_Amish February 12
    tmoney said:

So if we are worried about guys getting checked out in the lockerroom when they are changing, why are female reporters allowed in the lockerroom?

It wasn't always that way. That was a by product of the whole feminist movement. Many are still against it but are forced to accept it or be vilified. It creates a huge double standard since men aren't allowed in women's locker rooms last I checked. The whole gay movement is really no different than the feminist movement. Both are huge contributors to the destruction of the family unit which ultimately leads to the decay of society.
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome February 12
    good call in the comparison of the feminist and gay movement amish....insert...random both like balls joke here....couldn't resist....lol
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
    Not sure what you think I'm condemning you for. I'm simply annoyed by people feeling it is their right to shove their personal opinions in my face & gave a specific example. It's perfectly fine for people to have these opinions religion, gay, whatever. Perhaps I'm old and cynical but I just don't care.

So you're gay & that makes you happy? Good for you. I don't care & don't want to hear about it.
    You're Christian & that makes you happy?
    Good for you. I don't care & don't want to hear about it.

I don't know who said it but the quote that comes to mind (& applies to being gay as well) is:
    Religion is like having a penis. It's perfectly acceptable to have one. It's perfectly acceptable to be proud of it. It's when you pull it out and start waving it in my face that we will have an issue.

One thing I think we can all agree on in the media circlejerk is annoying as hell and I can't wait for it to be over...
    MikeOcherts said:

Not sure what you think I'm condemning you for. I'm simply annoyed by people feeling it is their right to shove their personal opinions in my face & gave a specific example. It's perfectly fine for people to have these opinions religion, gay, whatever. Perhaps I'm old and cynical but I just don't care.

So you're gay & that makes you happy? Good for you. I don't care & don't want to hear about it.
    You're Christian & that makes you happy?
    Good for you. I don't care & don't want to hear about it.

I don't know who said it but the quote that comes to mind (& applies to being gay as well) is:
    Religion is like having a penis. It's perfectly acceptable to have one. It's perfectly acceptable to be proud of it. It's when you pull it out and start waving it in my face that we will have an issue.

One thing I think we can all agree on in the media circlejerk is annoying as hell and I can't wait for it to be over...

=D>
    K Steven Hauschka

Add a Comment