Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• andr3wl February 20
  • bddavidson February 21
  • boobam13 February 20
  • branch0095 February 20
  • donvaughn February 21
  • dunlap13 February 21
  • FarFromHome February 21
  • fontaines February 20
  • jknighton February 21
  • JRMRRT February 20
  • k0wned February 20
  • LukeB5301 February 21
  • Payton34 February 20
  • SMFFCN February 20
  • Smitty February 21
  • tmoney February 20
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie February 21
  • Xtreme February 20
  • Zep February 21

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12698
  • bddavidson 12293
  • JRMRRT 11354
  • Wutthecrapman 9976
  • BuckysGT 7762
  • LukeB5301 7601
  • Smitty 7162
  • garyzab 7109
  • TBL 4741
  • fontaines 4561
  • branch0095 4428

Who's Online (14)

• blkeagle 7:22PM
  • calcom 7:20PM
  • emurrell17 7:19PM
  • Fitzismyguy 7:22PM
  • fontaines 7:20PM
  • GuinnessIsGoodForYou 7:20PM
  • jknighton 7:21PM
  • JRMRRT 7:22PM
  • LukeB5301 7:20PM
  • meast 7:20PM
  • PDTDT 7:20PM
  • Swampies 7:22PM
  • SweetLew 7:21PM
  • tmoney 7:22PM
free fantasy football draftcalc access
Homepage
| Ranks | Projections | Articles | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
The Ellington Hype.
  • bddavidsonbddavidson February 20
    LukeB5301 said:

Damn where were all these bus drivers when I ranked Ellington my #2 dynasty rookie last year damn

C
    In all fairness he did go to the card.
    Lol
    DC Nation Moderator
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 February 20
    bddavidson said:

LukeB5301 said:

Damn where were all these bus drivers when I ranked Ellington my #2 dynasty rookie last year damn

C
    In all fairness he did go to the card.
    Lol

Lol it was pre draft and pre combine... I like to rank my players off what I see on tape... Rarely let what a guy does in a T-shirt effect my rankings. And most of the time don't let draft effect it to much as I like Talent > Situation.. Situation changes far too much and can change so easily (see Montee Ball, great situation everyone thought... Then Knowshon decided to stop being hurt all the time and act like the first rounder he is)
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [:(] C.J. Spiller Will Be The #1RB(Jan 9th)
    [XXX] Demaryius Thomas will be the #1 scoring WR!(Feb 13th)
    [XXX] Trent Richardson will NOT finish as a Top 10 RB!(June 4th)
    [:(] Rob Housler will be a Top 5 TE in 2013!(July 18th)
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • SMFFCN February 20
    So, for all of those on the Ellington boat, what do you think of the following offers:

Ellington + 1.06 FOR Vereen
    Ellington + 1.06 FOR Ball
    Ellington + 1.06 FOR Spiller

I don't think I'll even entertain Spiller, but how do you all feel about the Ball or Vereen piece? I like Ellington a lot but not sure I like him more than those three RBs listed.
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome February 20
    god I loved the Love Boat...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
    FarFromHome said:

god I loved the Love Boat...

How crazy that Darren Sharper was on that boat... makes sense now lol
    My 2013 Predictions:
    [XXX] Josh Gordon will put up a 80/1200/10 stat line in just 14 Games!(Sept 5th)
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome February 20

stupid sharper...Isaac proved you can be a pimp with force....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • SmittySmitty February 20
    @LukeB5301, since you are one of the Ellington Boat Building founders, where do you rank him against this year's rookie picks? Let's say you played in one league and the guy just was playing hardball... im curious what's the highest price you'd pay draft pick wise? 1.04? 1.03? Right now I'm sitting firmly at 1.05 but I won't lie, I can see myself paying a touch more, but that should do it in most cases (1.5). That can change with a good camp, but the current news should be helping the 1.05 or later case since the recent news is suggesting he won't start (which, I like you, think can change with some good games). Just curious where your line currently is compared to this year's rookie picks.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • branch0095 February 20
    I just don't see how some people are projecting Ellington so low for 2014. Wouldn't be comfortable with him as my RB3 or RB4? He might put up Flex numbers? WHAT!!!! Ellington was a borderline PPR RB2 LAST YEAR. He was the PPR RB#25 in 2013. He didn't receive double digit touches until week 5 of 2013, and he sat out one game. People are reading this report as an "I told you so" report to not expect Ellington to do much in 2014. The report stated that Ellington was going to see an increased workload. 

In 2013 Ellington had 1023 yds on 157 touches, including 39 receptions. Even if his touches only go up to slightly to 175-180 total touches, he's a solid PPR RB2. If Arians decides to play the best RB on his team, Ellington has low end RB1 upside THIS YEAR. After looking at where he finished in 2013, I don't see how anyone can believes he's a RB3/RB4 with any increase of touches. It's not like he was a RB5 last year.
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
    Smitty said:

@LukeB5301, since you are one of the Ellington Boat Building founders, where do you rank him against this year's rookie picks? Let's say you played in one league and the guy just was playing hardball... im curious what's the highest price you'd pay draft pick wise? 1.04? 1.03? Right now I'm sitting firmly at 1.05 but I won't lie, I can see myself paying a touch more, but that should do it in most cases (1.5). That can change with a good camp, but the current news should be helping the 1.05 or later case since the recent news is suggesting he won't start (which, I like you, think can change with some good games). Just curious where your line currently is compared to this year's rookie picks.

If I had no team needs, right now I could see 1.5 ish is right. That would have top 2 rbs and wrs gone. That said there's a lot of wrs I like in this class so if I needed a WR I'd be a bit more hesitant on that... As for the news of him not starting, the news says he'll likely start but Taylor will complement him.
    My 2013 Predictions:
    branch0095 said:

I just don't see how some people are projecting Ellington so low for 2014. Wouldn't be comfortable with him as my RB3 or RB4? He might put up Flex numbers? WHAT!!!! Ellington was a borderline PPR RB2 LAST YEAR. He was the PPR RB#25 in 2013. He didn't receive double digit touches until week 5 of 2013, and he sat out one game. People are reading this report as an "I told you so" report to not expect Ellington to do much in 2014. The report stated that Ellington was going to see an increased workload. 

In 2013 Ellington had 1023 yds on 157 touches, including 39 receptions. Even if his touches only go up to slightly to 175-180 total touches, he's a solid PPR RB2. If Arians decides to play the best RB on his team, Ellington has low end RB1 upside THIS YEAR. After looking at where he finished in 2013, I don't see how anyone can believes he's a RB3/RB4 with any increase of touches. It's not like he was a RB5 last year.

Thank you
    My 2013 Predictions:
  • donvaughndonvaughn February 20
    CHOO CHOO!! ALL ABOARD! No longer a bus or a boat. Trains leaving the station boys. Better get on now
    DC Superflex Dynasty. PPR. 4pt passing tds (1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1QB/RB/WR/TE)
    QB-P.Rivers, C.Palmer, B.Osweiler, R.Mallet
    RB-J.Charles, A.Ellington, K.Robinson, F.Jackson, S.Taylor, M.Leshoure
    WR-D.Thomas, B.Marshall, C.Patterson, D.Hopkins, M.Jones, M.Wilson
    TE-G.Olsen, L.Green
    Rookie Picks-1.10,2.05,3.01,3.05,4.02
  • branch0095 February 20
    donvaughn said:

CHOO CHOO!! ALL ABOARD! No longer a bus or a boat. Trains leaving the station boys. Better get on now

I'm not the conductor of this train, but I'm definitely a passenger in the lead car.
    2013 predictions

-Cobb outscores Harvin in PPR
    -Chris Ivory will be a top 15RB
    -Kenny Britt finishes outside the top 20WRs
  • donvaughndonvaughn February 20
    If you don't think this guy can do it at the next level check it out. Fast cuts, great vision, follows his blockers, makes people miss, catches the ball with his hands and not his body.

TE-G.Olsen, L.Green
  • SmittySmitty February 20
    branch0095 said:

You won't hearing that out of me, which is why he's on my top 10 Bold Predictions. Draft him as your 3/4, sure, it's crazy to pay a higher price, but if given the right touches, he is a top 5-10 easily in PPR. AZ coaching is my ONLY concern, the dude is a Jamaal Charles mold. AZ would probably give Jamaal 150 carries lol
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • donvaughndonvaughn February 21
    Notable players with broken ankles and jock straps left on field:
    1:08 Revis
    :48 Lavonte David
    2:00 Eric Reid
    2:10 Donte Whitner
    2:17 Walter Thurmond
    4:00 Alec Ogletree
    4:09 Janoris Jenkins

TE-G.Olsen, L.Green
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 February 21
    Ok like I said before, the GM does not pick who plays.. I'll listen to coach over GM every day.. Wait, what did Arians say at today's presser??

Arians said RB Andre Ellington has added 10 pounds already. "We want to build our offense around him."

@Smitty
    My 2013 Predictions:
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie February 21
    LukeB5301 said:

Last year after the draft I stated that Ellington could be the best RB in this years draft class.  I do recall you were on him as well.  The bus is a drivers education vehicle with two steering wheels and two brakes, lol.  That said, neither of us will be using the breaks on this bus.   >:)
    DC Nation Moderator
  • LukeB5301LukeB5301 February 21
    Whos_Ur_Doggie said:

LukeB5301 said:

Last year after the draft I stated that Ellington could be the best RB in this years draft class.  I do recall you were on his as well.  The bus is a drivers education vehicle with two steering wheels and two brakes, lol.  That said, neither of us will be using the breaks on this bus.   >:)

Lol I like it
    My 2013 Predictions:
  • dunlap13dunlap13 February 21
    I like ellington but his value every where I look is just too high. The closest ive come to was demarco and 1.10 for ellington and julius
    .5 ppr 10 Team Dynasty: 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 3 Wr, 1 Rb/Wr, 1 Te

Peyton Manning

CJ Spiller, Leveon Bell, Demarco Murray, Shane Vereen, Lamar Miller, Bernard Peirce, Christine Michael Johnathan Franklin

Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Randall Cobb, Alshon Jeffery, Jarrett Boykin

Kyle Rudolph, Martellus Bennett

1.4 1.10 2.10 3.10
  • ZepZep February 21
    I paid 1.07 for him and am happy with that value.
Add a Comment