fantasy football forums

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson June 26
  • DAXstatic June 25
  • DefiantVitreous June 26
  • donvaughn June 26
  • emurrell17 June 26
  • fontaines June 24
  • footballjunkie June 26
  • george June 26
  • Ipkiss June 24
  • JRMRRT June 26
  • LukeB5301 June 26
  • Reisssox June 25
  • Smitty June 27
  • Swampies June 27
  • SweetLew June 26
  • TheHuddle June 26
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie June 24
  • Wutthecrapman June 26

Top Posters

• bddavidson 13989
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 13665
  • JRMRRT 13543
  • Wutthecrapman 10732
  • LukeB5301 8936
  • Smitty 8641
  • BuckysGT 8275
  • garyzab 7118
  • branch0095 5553
  • TBL 5415
  • fontaines 5323

Who's Online (6)

• BuckysGT 2:00PM
  • donvaughn 1:59PM
  • ffbfan06 1:58PM
  • george 1:59PM
  • Packman 1:58PM
  • towman27 2:00PM

If you are already a DraftCalc Subscriber, hang tight in terms of getting access to FFStarters content... that is in the works. We will keep you posted shortly!

Our Breaking News Wire is up!

Homepage | Ranks | News | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
NEWS: Brandin Cooks to spend two weeks this Summer working out with Drew Brees?
  • Reisssox June 25
    Isn't there a pretty good TE on NO too? I think he can catch on if they take it slow...
  • Wutthecrapman June 25
    Reisssox said:

Isn't there a pretty good TE on NO too? I think he can catch on if they take it slow...

None come to mind.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • DAXstatic June 25
    JRMRRT said:

Tavon plays on the Rams...Cooks is a Saint and Drew Brees is his QB. Situation is huge.

i'm betting tavon has better numbers than cooks this season and beyond.

• DAXstatic June 25
    donvaughn said:

I don't think Payton traded up in the 1st rd for a guy he wants to be a gadget player. 

you mean like he did for ingram?

• JRMRRTJRMRRT June 25
    DAXstatic said:

JRMRRT said:

Tavon plays on the Rams...Cooks is a Saint and Drew Brees is his QB. Situation is huge.

I could see Austin having a nice season too. He has some experience now. Im saying that Cooks rookie situation is much better than Austins was and not really a good comparison.

• Wutthecrapman June 25
    DAXstatic said:

JRMRRT said:

I would love to take you up on that one.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
  • DAXstatic June 25
    JRMRRT said:

DAXstatic said:

JRMRRT said:

I could see Austin having a nice season too. He has some experience now. Im saying that Cooks rookie situation is much better than Austins was and not really a good comparison.

true, payton vs schottinheimer. no contest.

• DAXstatic June 25
    Wutthecrapman said:

DAXstatic said:

JRMRRT said:

I would love to take you up on that one.

wrs hardly ever just come in and light it up. once the switch went on for tavon mid season he was making plays every game. he will get even better this season. cooks will have to adjust to the nfl as well.

• Wutthecrapman June 25
    So, what's our wager? lol

• emurrell17 June 25
    But tavon DOESNT ATTACK THE BALL.
    Bold Predictions:
    Cordarelle Patterson replaces Josh Gordon in the top 5 WR group.
    (Julio, Calvin, AJG, CP, and Dez)

Andre Williams proves himself to be the best RB in this class, by having the most productive rookie season of all the rbs.
  • SmittySmitty June 25
    I'm still skeptical of Tavon, but not enough that I'd bet against him. So much is about situation, and last year wasn't setup for Austin like this year is. Much depends on Britt, too. Britt can be a surprise fantasy WR2 this year, or he can flop again and be worthless. 

Cooks could get the ball far less than we think, or he could get Keenan Allen type targets as a rookie, we are all at the mercy of coaching sometimes. Sometimes we can predict a coach's behavior, sometimes we can't. Liking either, or both, or neither is not off-base, it's fantasy football.

Keep up the good decision, fellas.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • bddavidsonbddavidson June 26
    As long as graham and colson are there cook will be 2nd and 3rd fiddle..he will be a nice ngimmick type p,ayer just like austin...  in return yardage leagues he will be golden. i of cousre could be wrong and leads the saints if graham holds out.i also read somewhere where peyton said they were going run more..if hen can keep his head attached bhe should have 50 to 60 and 900 total yards 5 scores a good year yes
    DC Nation Moderator
  • georgegeorge June 26

According to NFL.com's Gil Brandt, the Cardinals think third-round WR John Brown "will be a special player" and are "very high on him" after spring practices.

Coach Bruce Arians has likened Brown to past pupils Antonio Brown and T.Y. Hilton, although the 5-foot-10, 179-pounder with 4.34 jets profiles more similarly to Mike Wallace, from whom Arians coaxed a 39-756-19.4-6 rookie year in Pittsburgh. Per Brandt, Brown will spend pre-training camp time working with Carson Palmer in San Diego. Brown is squarely on the radar in Dynasty leagues.
    Source: 
    Jun 25 - 7:39 
  • georgegeorge June 26
    Brown will be working with Carson in San Diego. Is there anything to this? I know he probably won't have Cook type numbers, but will it be close?
  • Wutthecrapman June 26
    george said:

Brown will be working with Carson in San Diego. Is there anything to this? I know he probably won't have Cook type numbers, but will it be close?

Did I miss something here???

• SweetLewSweetLew June 26
    Wutthecrapman said:

george said:

Did I miss something here???

I believe Palmer lives in San Diego so brown will be working with him pre training camp at his home.
    "The average stat line of a first-round rookie wideout over the last decade is 41 catches, 565 yards, and four touchdowns."

Just thought I'd drop that tidbit in here for sanity. 
  • SmittySmitty June 26
    DefiantVitreous said:

"The average stat line of a first-round rookie wideout over the last decade is 41 catches, 565 yards, and four touchdowns."

Yeah I love Brown, but it is hard to imagine him having a big statistical year as the third wheel. Who knows what's going on in AZ during his third season, though. I should have this news piece up shortly.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
    Smitty said:

DefiantVitreous said:

Yeah I love Brown, but it is hard to imagine him having a big statistical year as the third wheel. Who knows what's going on in AZ during his third season, though. I should have this news piece up shortly.

I was talking moreso about Cooks and the outrageous (IMO) predictions for him.  The same can be applied to Brown however.
  • footballjunkie June 26
    DefiantVitreous said:

Nice stats!

That's why Kennan Allen's rookie season was so amazing... and folks, don't get it twisted, if not for that knee injury pre-draft, he was a lock to go in the 1st round.
Add a Comment