fantasy football forums

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson June 26
  • DAXstatic June 25
  • DefiantVitreous June 26
  • donvaughn June 26
  • emurrell17 June 26
  • fontaines June 24
  • footballjunkie June 26
  • george June 26
  • Ipkiss June 24
  • JRMRRT June 26
  • LukeB5301 June 26
  • Reisssox June 25
  • Smitty June 27
  • Swampies June 27
  • SweetLew June 26
  • TheHuddle June 26
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie June 24
  • Wutthecrapman June 26

Top Posters

• bddavidson 13989
  • Whos_Ur_Doggie 13665
  • JRMRRT 13545
  • Wutthecrapman 10733
  • LukeB5301 8936
  • Smitty 8646
  • BuckysGT 8275
  • garyzab 7118
  • branch0095 5564
  • TBL 5415
  • fontaines 5332

Who's Online (17)

• boobam13 5:09PM
  • branch0095 5:09PM
  • cheche 5:10PM
  • emurrell17 5:09PM
  • george 5:09PM
  • GlassJoe 5:09PM
  • greatprodigy 5:09PM
  • hoyasaxa 5:11PM
  • Iceman 5:10PM
  • Ipkiss 5:10PM
  • Leraar 5:10PM
  • omahabrad 5:09PM
  • SweetLew 5:10PM
  • thedude 5:08PM
  • tmoney 5:09PM
  • towman27 5:11PM
  • vincentjmack 5:11PM

If you are already a DraftCalc Subscriber, hang tight in terms of getting access to FFStarters content... that is in the works. We will keep you posted shortly!

Our Breaking News Wire is up!

Homepage | Ranks | News | Projections | Articles | Sims | Calcs | Upside Board | FAQs | Forums - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
NEWS: Brandin Cooks to spend two weeks this Summer working out with Drew Brees?
  • SmittySmitty
    DefiantVitreous said:

Smitty said:

DefiantVitreous said:

"The average stat line of a first-round rookie wideout over the last decade is 41 catches, 565 yards, and four touchdowns."

Just thought I'd drop that tidbit in here for sanity. 

Yeah I love Brown, but it is hard to imagine him having a big statistical year as the third wheel. Who knows what's going on in AZ during his third season, though. I should have this news piece up shortly.

I was talking moreso about Cooks and the outrageous (IMO) predictions for him.  The same can be applied to Brown however.

Could be right, but outliers jump out from time to time. Keenan Allen, Anquan Boldin, the only crazy or outrageous stance to me is one that eliminates all other possibilities. Meaning, to say Cooks CAN'T be one of those rookies in his situation, OR that he for sure will be, those are the only two stances that really are the crazy ones. Anything can happen, big man, and to say Cooks might be treated differently than most rookie receivers, especially incoming rookie Saints receivers, isn't all that hard to believe. I get if you don't like Cooks and you're predicting a letdown. That's a totally legit stance. So  are the others, though. It's all opinion, no one has any idea how well he will perform right out of the gate, which will surely influence how many plays/targets he sees the following game, then the following game, and so on. 
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • georgegeorge June 26
    Smitty said:

DefiantVitreous said:

"The average stat line of a first-round rookie wideout over the last decade is 41 catches, 565 yards, and four touchdowns."

Yeah I love Brown, but it is hard to imagine him having a big statistical year as the third wheel. Who knows what's going on in AZ during his third season, though. I should have this news piece up shortly.

I'm looking forward to the new piece
  • JRMRRTJRMRRT June 26
    DefiantVitreous said:

Smitty said:

DefiantVitreous said:

I was talking moreso about Cooks and the outrageous (IMO) predictions for him.  The same can be applied to Brown however.

For the record I made no predictions about Cooks in this thread. Just that I thought comparing him as a rookie to Tavon Austin as a rookie was not a good comparison. One of the reasons Tavon was not good was his situation. Situation is not a problem for Cooks.

• LukeB5301LukeB5301 June 26
    A rookie WR has only broke 10 TDS TWICE in the last 20 years.

A Rookie WR has only broke 80rec FOUR Times in the last 20 years.

A Rookie WR has only broke 1000 Yards SEVEN Times in the last 20 years.

Some people might want to temper their exceptions of Cooks in the 1st year. Again I'm not a fan of him but he does has a nice situation. Colston his rookie year in NO put up 70/1038/8... I'll have a hard time seeing him break that(Granted that would be a GREAT year for him even at that line). I can see the receptions happening but the yards and TDs not so much..

Maybe 65/700/4, Still good for a rookie WR but far from what some are expecting... 
    My 2014 Predictions:
    [ ] Jordan Matthews Will Win OROY(June 5th)
  • DefiantVitreous
    Smitty said:

DefiantVitreous said:

Smitty said:

DefiantVitreous said:

Could be right, but outliers jump out from time to time. Keenan Allen, Anquan Boldin, the only crazy or outrageous stance to me is one that eliminates all other possibilities. Meaning, to say Cooks CAN'T be one of those rookies in his situation, OR that he for sure will be, those are the only two stances that really are the crazy ones. Anything can happen, big man, and to say Cooks might be treated differently than most rookie receivers, especially incoming rookie Saints receivers, isn't all that hard to believe. I get if you don't like Cooks and you're predicting a letdown. That's a totally legit stance. So  are the others, though. It's all opinion, no one has any idea how well he will perform right out of the gate, which will surely influence how many plays/targets he sees the following game, then the following game, and so on. 

So, big man, you're saying that the only legit stance right now is to play both sides of the fence?  I don't think anyone has said that they can predict the future with 100% certainty, so the obvious-that no one has a crystal ball- shouldn't have to be said.  However, with all that said, in my opinion, the odds speak volumes.  The odds that he goes for 85/1100/7 are so low that it's crazy (to me at least) to predict that.  Not saying that it can't happen, just that it most likely won't.  So telling people to temper their expectations is the rationale point of view.  Being blinded by hope and the love for their shiny newly drafted rookie is a mistake.
  • SmittySmitty June 26
    DefiantVitreous said:

Smitty said:

DefiantVitreous said:

Smitty said:

DefiantVitreous said:

So, big man, you're saying that the only legit stance right now is to play both sides of the fence?  I don't think anyone has said that they can predict the future with 100% certainty, so the obvious-that no one has a crystal ball- shouldn't have to be said.  However, with all that said, in my opinion, the odds speak volumes.  The odds that he goes for 85/1100/7 are so low that it's crazy (to me at least) to predict that.  Not saying that it can't happen, just that it most likely won't.  So telling people to temper their expectations is the rationale point of view.  Being blinded by hope and the love for their shiny newly drafted rookie is a mistake.

I don't agree with some of the larger predictions in this thread, but wouldn't rule them out. No, that's not on the fence, that's being humble to the unknown vs saying "here is how it will go". I think for Cooks and his situation, 60 receptions will be doable, so will 900-1000.. Nowhere have I said double digit scores, but think a realistic number is 6.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • TheHuddleTheHuddle June 26
    First off the numbers originally predicted was 70/1000/5-7. Not 85/1100/7.

Why are you always trolling Defiant? By the way, how is your rigged family league you are commish of?

Your prediction of 45-55/750/4 for Cooks is easily reachable. Hopkins went for 52/800/2 last year & had a poor finish to the season due to concussion issues ( w Houston's qb issues ) Cooks SHOULD get to your numbers w Brees throwing him the ball.
  • Wutthecrapman June 26
    Let's keep things clean with a level of respect and about the topic gents.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • emurrell17 June 26
    I've found that usually if someone has to resort to name calling or speaking about someone else's view negatively, they don't have a solid argument. If you are confident and informed, then you can defend your stance without the name calling...
    Bold Predictions:
    Cordarelle Patterson replaces Josh Gordon in the top 5 WR group.
    (Julio, Calvin, AJG, CP, and Dez)

Andre Williams proves himself to be the best RB in this class, by having the most productive rookie season of all the rbs.
  • donvaughndonvaughn June 26
    So far in this thread my prediction has been called crazy twice, never gonna happen, outrageous, and apparently I'm going to be butt hurt by my expectations. I've chosen not to debate it further.
  • SmittySmitty June 26
    Yep, let's get back on track. Next person to rip on someone in this thread will have me close it. Stay positive, folks.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SmittySmitty June 26
    I'm also going to say this one last time to all... if you constantly pick at other people's posts, even if not super, super nasty, but still you are just constantly negative to others, you will receive a warning. If you already have a warning, your account will be suspended. 

Debate is fine, but close-minded "your stuff is crazy" or "you will get butt hurt watch" just gets plain old and negative. 
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
  • SwampiesSwampies June 27
    Staying on topic here I'll go 70 reception for 800 yards and 7 TD's with 2 fumbles. :)
    My league is a non PPR 12 person league having a roster of 19 players each. Active roster includes 1Qb 2Rb's 3Wr's 1Te 1K 1Def. Two weeks before draft we cut the roster down to 9 keepers. My team as of now:
    QB Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, Josh McCown
    RB Lamar Miller, Shane Vereen, Zac Stacy, Cierre Wood
    WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Rueben Randle, Kenny Stills
    TE Z Ertz, M. Bennett, Delanie Walker
    DEF Kansas City, Cleveland
    K Steven Hauschka

(I'm not a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!)
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • SmittySmitty June 27
    Nice, swamps!
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder
Add a Comment