Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson December 11
  • emurrell17 December 11
  • FarFromHome December 12
  • Fighting_Amish December 12
  • garyzab December 8
  • nevilleknows December 11
  • serad85 December 12
  • Smitty December 12
  • Swampies December 8
  • SweetLew December 12
  • TheHuddle December 11
  • tmoney December 10
  • Troy_Polamalyourass December 8
  • Wutthecrapman December 12
  • zeeshan2 December 12

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12077
  • bddavidson 11085
  • JRMRRT 10916
  • Wutthecrapman 9535
  • BuckysGT 7527
  • LukeB5301 7163
  • garyzab 6982
  • Smitty 6290
  • TBL 4461
  • fontaines 3926
  • branch0095 3885

Who's Online (4)

• fontaines 12:29AM
  • MusicCityMayhem 12:29AM
  • Smitty 12:29AM
  • TexasBornCowboysFan 12:30AM
Homepage | Articles | Rankings | Projections | Start Bench | Calcs | Forums | Terms | FAQs - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
DC Basketball keeper league!
  • serad85serad85 December 12
    No Love for the Bomb Squad?!?!?

Anthony Davis, Kryie Irving, MCW, Al Jefferson, Bledsoe, Conley, Millsap, Teague, Heyward, Afflalo
  • SweetLewSweetLew December 12
    Hes going to lead the league in steals and be top 5 in assists and only 23... another year removed from ACL surgery on top of it should only get better...I dont need his scoring assists and steals... but a nice uptick in points would be nice:)
    Smitty with the 1st trade offer:)
  • serad85serad85 December 12
    whats the offer? lol
    serad85 said:

whats the offer? lol

Lol can't do that :)
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome December 12
    ya this is my first 8 man anything....but we needed to get started...hopefully we add TWO or FOUR more next year and we can keep a solid group of people together for years that just simply like basketball and that can more importantly manage a team....they don't have to be daily contributors or anything...just set a lineup....its really really gonna be tough for me not to just roll through the league this first year as guys figure it out... :D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
  • zeeshan2zeeshan2 December 12
    My team is balling:

Melo, Durant, Westbrook, Marc Gasol, Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard, Al Horford, and Nikola Veivuic. Lot of rebounds and lots of scoring! 
    FarFromHome said:

ya this is my first 8 man anything....but we needed to get started...hopefully we add TWO or FOUR more next year and we can keep a solid group of people together for years that just simply like basketball and that can more importantly manage a team....they don't have to be daily contributors or anything...just set a lineup....its really really gonna be tough for me not to just roll through the league this first year as guys figure it out... :D

Ill see you at the finish line bud:)
  • SmittySmitty December 12
    We could always enable a limited number of add drops like someone mentioned. Or, all agree not to play the add/drop game and trust each other. Or, agree that that is a legit strategy up front. None of it is wrong, it's all about just deciding what kind of league it is. 
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder | DraftCalc.com
    I do like having some type of limit, although I drafted with the intention of streaming a couple spots. I may not have taken on as many injured players had I known there was going to be an issue with streaming. Fortunately for me, some of my injured players seem to be coming back quicker than anticipated. Therefore, some type of limit on weekly acquisitions would be okay by me. So much more strategy with limited moves rather than having a streaming frenzy. I think three moves per week sounds about right. I don't think you should be able to bank them either. If you don't use them in any given week, you lose 'em. 

Just to make sure, our first matchup starts Monday, correct?  
  • WutthecrapmanWutthecrapman December 12
    I'm going to set a limit of 4 maximum moves per week. This should not only be plenty, it should eliminate any foul play. Our rosters are deep enough to handle injuries.

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
    Wutthecrapman said:

I'm going to set a limit of 4 maximum moves per week. This should not only be plenty, it should eliminate any foul play. Our rosters are deep enough to handle injuries.

Sounds good to me

Wutthecrapman said:

Sounds good.
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome December 12
    Sounds perfect crapman
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
Add a Comment