Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

• bddavidson December 11
  • emurrell17 December 11
  • FarFromHome December 12
  • Fighting_Amish December 12
  • garyzab December 8
  • nevilleknows December 11
  • serad85 December 12
  • Smitty December 12
  • Swampies December 8
  • SweetLew December 12
  • TheHuddle December 11
  • tmoney December 10
  • Troy_Polamalyourass December 8
  • Wutthecrapman December 12
  • zeeshan2 December 12

Top Posters

• Whos_Ur_Doggie 12072
  • bddavidson 11080
  • JRMRRT 10916
  • Wutthecrapman 9528
  • BuckysGT 7527
  • LukeB5301 7163
  • garyzab 6982
  • Smitty 6279
  • TBL 4461
  • fontaines 3911
  • branch0095 3879

Who's Online (4)

• fontaines 10:23AM
  • footballjunkie 10:24AM
  • Swampies 10:25AM
  • Wutthecrapman 10:23AM
Homepage | Articles | Rankings | Projections | Start Bench | Calcs | Forums | Terms | FAQs - [ Start A New Discussion ]
Need a forum Invite?
DC Basketball keeper league!
  • zeeshan2zeeshan2 December 10
    Everyone just choose the same players for the first and then go from there
  • SmittySmitty December 10
    zeeshan2 said:

Good idea.
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder | DraftCalc.com
  • FarFromHomeFarFromHome December 10
    zeeshan2 said:

agreed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
    only problem is that for those that cant be there for the actual draft they need to prerank the players list to assure they get the player they chose for that first pick
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...and on the 7th day GOD rested....but he created FarFromHome....and he was good..." GEN 14:2

"I can't believe my American Girl Doll says made in China...that's weird."...My six year old daughter
    FarFromHome said:

only problem is that for those that cant be there for the actual draft they need to prerank the players list to assure they get the player they chose for that first pick

Well here's an idea: everyone that can't make it needs to make a list of their players they want and give it to the commish. When their turn comes up in the draft, the commish could pick for them using that list. Of course, this is a flawed idea even if a good player drops
  • SweetLewSweetLew December 10
    Tomorrow night after 6pm ET is good for me or I can pre rank players to whatever is good.
  • Fighting_Amish December 10
    FarFromHome said:

Just rank the player you picked first as the #1 player on your list.
    yep...players need to rank according to who we just selected...easy...yahoo draft don't work like that zeeshan...it doesn't give commish rights during the draft that would allow him to do that....everyone just needs to rank players...we are only a handful in so this should be easy...tomorrow...

FarFromHome said:

the problem is sweetlew is that yahoo allows you to choose the style of draft...allows you to START SEASON...if you choose offline draft it would allow you to change it back to live draft but wont allow you to designate players on certain teams and THEN live draft....once you click START SEASON its game on....we would need to click START SEASON to designate those players on teams then we couldn't go back to draft....unless we can mess with the date settings...lol

Gotcha I used to commish a yahoo keeper football league and I used to just add in our keepers BEFORE the season started and we would then do our 15rd draft afterwards but this is totally different lol
  • nevilleknowsnevilleknows December 10
    I'm good with any draft at any time just need a hour or so notice. 

Also can you set the draft order on yahoo? That way if you pre ranked players in the order they've already gone for the first few it would stay the same. Then draft would go on with people there and for whoever can't make it would pre rank.
  • SmittySmitty December 10
    Thanks, WTCM! Commishing is rough, keep it up! Whatever is done is good by me. 
    - Smitty | Owner/Founder | DraftCalc.com
    Yep im good with whatever let's get this rolling
  • WutthecrapmanWutthecrapman December 10
    There will be an online draft. Held tomorrow (Wednesday the 11th, at 6pm ET)  For those who cannot make the draft, PLEASE pre-rank your players. You are all very witty and savvy owners so I don't see anyone being vastly hurt by this. 

Thank you all for your co-operation, and remember this is all for fun and enjoyment!

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    DC Nation Forum Moderator
  • nevilleknowsnevilleknows December 10
    Sounds good WTCM, thanks for doing all this.
    No prob fellas, I got SweetLew as my co anchor. He knows a thing or two about yahoo drafts. Big thanks goes to him as well. :)

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you." - David Wilson
    Same picks in the first round?
    Working on it, worse come to worse just pre-rank the guy whom you selected in the first round and he should be yours. The draft order should remain the same. Everyone knows who they picked 1st, we just continue from there. (this is only if Yahoo does not already assign the players selected during our site drafting). So its basically a plan B

• serad85serad85 December 10
    I have my company party tomm night. Sorry fellas. I can pre rank my picks if thats cool with you guys?
    serad85 said:

I have my company party tomm night. Sorry fellas. I can pre rank my picks if thats cool with you guys?

No not cool. Miss the party; this is wayyy more important. Seriously, it's ok if you pre rank them :P
  • serad85serad85 December 10
    I set my auto picks. All set fellas!
Add a Comment